Special procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19
To prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and considering Afghan national health protocols PIMUN 2020 has sited the following procedures for participants before the event when registering, seating orders, during lunch and refreshment, and during group work sessions.
- Testing for fever at the registration point:
- A temperature checkpoint will be set up at the entrance to the event hall.
- All incoming personnel and participants will be checked for fever and other COVID-19 symptoms at the beginning of the event.
- Any individual with a high fever or signs of COVID-19 will not be allowed entrance to the event hall.
- The organizer will help them to evacuate the area as soon as possible.
- The infected individual will be guided to nearest hospital.
Access to the following items is necessary for testing responsible
- N95 facial mask
- Surgical or other types of gloves
- Multiple registration tables will be set up with at least two meters distance between them.
- Crowdedness and close engagement should be avoided.
- Mask and hand sanitizer will be available for all the personnel and participants at each disk and inspected regularly.
- Food Coupon will be distributed for participants after registration.
- The seating for the participants will be arranged in a manner that distances them from each other by at least one meter.
- All participants must comply with social distancing and safety regulations.
- There should be no physical contact between PIMUN staff and participants or between participants.
- All the required material for the event including but not limited to: notebook, pen, booklet, and event agenda must be provided beforehand in packages for the participants.
- The refreshment will be distributed in multiple locations to prevent crowding
- All the provided plates and cups will be single-use
- The disposed plates and cups will be collected after usage
- Packaged food will be used for refreshment
- Lunch will be served in parcel packaging order.
- The specified personnel will distribute the packages to all participants.
- Direct physical contact should be avoided at all times.
- Social distancing protocols must be followed at all times.
- All participants must follow social distancing protocols during sessions.
- For the group work; all the participants must be seated at least one meter away from each other and avoid direct physical contact with each other.
- Specific personnel should be assigned for the arrangement of chairs and tables for the group work session.
- Closing and Certificate distribution ceremony
- Direct contact and handshaking should be avoided during ceremonies.
- Social distancing protocols should be followed during the certificate distribution ceremony.